Spring Mountain day trips are for everyone. Whether you are looking for a fine culinary experience, attending one of the numerous events in St. Helena, or simply looking for a day of fun and sun, there is an exciting day’s adventure waiting on your arrival.
Spring Mountain is for Food Lovers
- Breakfast at Gillwood’s Cafe is a good way to start your day. Eggs are available any way you like them, but there are a plethora of breakfast options, including pancakes and waffles, oatmeal, and fruit plates.
- For the best meal on the go, stop by Gott’s Roadside for lunch. A St. Helena original, Gott’s has built a reputation for the best lunch using the freshest products, combined with a love for quality beers and wines.
- Fine dining at Gatehouse Restaurant is an excellent way to cap off a day trip to Spring Mountain. Dishes are prepared with regionally grown ingredients as well as those grown at the CIA farm itself.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth anytime at Woodhouse Chocolate. Enjoy handmade, European-style chocolates and confections prepared in an 1890’s stone and brick building. Exquisitely crafted chocolate and caramel creations in this style are a rare treat to find.
Attend Exciting Spring Mountain Events
- Meet the Farmers at St. Helena Farmers Market. Spring Mountain AVA is home to farms of all types, and seasonal produce is available every Friday from May to October.
- Harvest is a fun and exciting time to visit. Be sure to check the St. Helena event calendar and discover harvest parties, dinners and more!
Get Back to Nature
- California is known for their quality state parks, and the Boothe-Napa Valley State Park near Spring Mountain is no exception. There are nearly a dozen miles of hiking trails available, each lined with ferns and other flora associated with the Napa Valley. An early hike is an invigorating way to start your day, and there’s a pool available to cool off after the hike is complete.
Take a Leisurely Bike and Wine Tour
- The Calistoga Bike Shop offers cycling tours designed for group sizes ranging from couples to teams. Enjoy a relaxed ride on mostly flat surfaces as you visit local wineries. This day-long excursion is exciting on many levels, and a picnic lunch at one of the wineries is on the itinerary.
Spend a day at Sherwin Family Vineyards
There is a lot to take in when you visit our vineyard and winery. The summer months tend to be a little more relaxed, allowing time to enjoy the view, and sample some of our favorite vintages. We would love to meet you and offer some of our local hospitality, so make sure that Sherwin Family Vineyards is part of your day of wine tasting on Spring Mountain.